Peracetic Acid is an effective, safe and easy to use sanitizer for food and beverage processing, meat and poultry plants, farms, breweries and wineries. Peracetic Acid is safe for rinse-based food applications and non-rinse-based food contact surfaces.
What is Peracetic Acid ?
Peracetic acid is formed from the combination of the well known acetic acid (vinegar) and hydrogen peroxide, which forms a highly effective acidic oxidizing substance with broad spectrum antimicrobial activity. Peracetic Acid inactivates gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, fungi, and yeasts in < 5 minutes at < 100 ppm. The combined effect of strong oxidation and acidity is delivered rapidly at very low levels.
Benefits of Peracetic Acid Sanitizer in Food Industry and Agriculture:
- Easy to use: Spotless™ Sanitize is a non-foaming concentrated Peracetic acid in water that can be sprayed or used to wash surfaces
- High antimicrobial strength concentrated Peracetic Acid is an effective broad spectrum sanitizer that rapidly kills gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, fungi, viruses, yeasts
- Effective for C.I.P. systems, processing equipment and for general sanitization
- Prevents and removes mineral deposits, milkstones, beerstones
- Residue-free: Spotless™ Sanitize contains Peracetic Acid that converts into carbon dioxide and water and evaporates off completely without any residues
Peracetic Acid Applications
• Effective for C.I.P. and processing tanks and equipment
• Food and beverage processing, meat and poultry plants, farms, breweries and wineries
Effective Multipurpose Antimicrobial Action of Peracetic Acid
- Peracetic acid inactivates gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, fungi, and yeasts in less than 5 minutes at 100 ppm.
- For viruses, the dosage range is wide (12 to 2250 ppm), for example, poliovirus can be inactivated in yeast extract in 15 minutes with 1500 to 2250 ppm
- Prevents and controls bacterial and fungi diseases in the soil and growing on agricultural crops
- Effective in the presence of organic soils
Easy to use Peracetic Acid in Water Liquid/Spray
- Easy to use by mixing with water to apply as a spray or liquid
- Works at room temperature
Safety – Peracetic Acid is Water-based and Biodegradable
- Free from harmful chemicals
- Fully biodegradable
- Free from residues after drying (acetic acid and water evaporate)